Several brake pads on the market boast ceramic technology. DS1.11 is the real thing. It is based upon a chemical family known as Siloxanes. Unlike carbon based materials, siloxane chains do not decompose at high temperatures and so DS1.11 keeps working up to the highest temperatures a brake pad could see. That means it won't fade and has excellent life. Moreover the performance remains exactly the same throughout the pad's life.
It is formulated to provide a very flat friction profile at a medium/high level of friction. The pad compression is very low, so pedal travel is short and consistent.
The main characteristics of DS1.11 are:
- High coefficient of friction (0,46) at all speeds and temperatures
- Excellent life of pad and disc
- High initial bite
- Predictability and control because of the unvarying torque output
- Low off-brake drag/Excellent release
- Unvarying performance throughout pad life
- Firm pedal feel